There are thousands of sex toys in all kinds of colors and sizes, and with a wide variety of features. Because every person is different, it is impossible to say what the best sex toy is, however. But there are some aspects that make one sex toy better than another. Some sex toys, for example, are 100% waterproof. And yes, that is an absolute pro. Why? I’ll tell you below.
Location, location, location
When you have to choose between two sex toys, and their only difference is that one is fully waterproof, and the other isn’t, you should always go for the device that is waterproof. It will increase your possibilities in use.
After all, a waterproof sex toy can also be used under the shower or in the bathtub. In a (non scientific) Dutch survey of NBRPlaza it appeared that the bathroom – just after the bedroom – was the most favorite place to masturbate. So it is only obvious that you might want to take your favorite sex toy with you under the shower or in the bathtub.
Another big advantage of waterproof sex toys, is that they are much easier t clean. Non water resistant toys have to be cleaned with a (moist) cloth. You have to be careful with those toys that the batteries or the engine doesn’t get wet. That would be the end.
But you can hold a waterproof toy under running water. Use lukewarm water (and some disinfecting mild soap) to wash your toy clean. Then dry it with a towel. Vibrators can never be cleaned in the dishwasher, even if it is waterproof. The electronics can not withstand the heat.
Waterproof or water resistant?
Alright. You’re almost convinced, right? Now, pay attention. Because some toys are waterproof, yet others are water resistant. And that is an important difference.
Waterproof (or 100% waterproof) means that the device is impervious for water. So no water can get in at all. Products that are waterproof, can withstand water for a long period of time. You can even totally immerse that type of devices, without damaging them.
A product that is water resistant is, can also withstand water. In Dutch we call this ‘closed against splashes’. That means that the device can endure some water splashes, but can not be exposed to moist long term. Some water resistant devices can withstand a short immersion, but most of the time even that will be the death of your device. Water resistant sex toys can be used under the shower, but can not be held under water in the bathtub.
Tips for using waterproof sex toys
When you decide to use a waterproof sex toy under the shower or in the bathtub, pay attention to the following:
- Water based personal lube will wash away under the shower. So will your body fluids. Use silicone based lube instead. When your (waterproof) sex toy is also made of silicone, test if your toy and the silicone based lube go well together. It could be that the silicone lube will damage the material of your sex toy. But it doesn’t have to.
- Your bathroom is noisy. The sound of your vibrator will peal and echo, making it a lot less discrete than when you use it for instance under your blanket.
- Some waterproof sex toys have some kind of sealing. That is often the case when your toy is running on batteries, or needs to be charged with some kind of plug. Always make sure that the cap is closed properly before you take it near water.
Which sex toys are waterproof?
As has been mentioned, there are numerous waterproof sex toys. In our shop you can make a selection on waterproof. You will only see toys that are completely waterproof. You will be surprised how many are.
Also, waterproof toys are not more expensive than toys that are not. Sometimes, even vibrators of less than €10 are waterproof.
- Fucket list: Pulling hair for luscious animalistic sex - 1 September 2022
- 10 creative tips to masturbate - 5 May 2022
- It doesn’t have to be Easter to hide an egg - 12 April 2022
3 thoughts on “Why you should always go for 100% waterproof sex toys”