There are, of course, many practical reasons for women to wear stockings or tights. To start with, of course, simply because they keep your legs nice and warm, if you still want to wear a skirt in cold weather. Women have worn stockings for this reason for centuries. In the 1920s, after skirts became shorter and more leg was exposed to the natural elements, stockings became more popular. And when Dupont launched nylon in the 1940s, stockings became affordable for everyone.
In addition, stockings or tights give your legs a more even color. All kinds of veins, hairs or pigmentation spots that you simply collect with aging, remain out of sight.
Keeping ’em up
Stockings have a significant drawback compared to tights: they can sag. There are three ways to keep stockings on and keep them from sagging:
- Suspender belt: Besides being a practical way to keep the stockings on with a suspender belt, it also looks terribly sexy. But there are also drawbacks. If you have to take off your panties (for example, to pee, or for reasons more fun than that), you need to unbutton the garter belt. That, or you have to put your panties on over the belt, but that looks less sexy.
- Garter: A garter is actually a type of elastic that keeps the stocking clamped against the leg. You actually only see that on marriages, because they are not very practical.
- Stay-ups: The modern stockings are provided with a silicone anti-slip band that ensures that the stocking stays in place. While this is generally a good way to let the stockings sit, there is no clear-cut sizing. So, depending on the make and model, they may be either too tight or too loose. So this requires some experimentation. Also, it is not convenient to use body lotion when wearing stockings, because the silicone strap will slip.
Stockings versus tights
When skirts got even shorter, in the 1950s and 1960s, the tights came on. Because the bottom was attached to the stockings, you could wear stockings without the edge coming out from under your skirt. This was generally considered vulgar. And with that, the stocking almost completely disappeared. Only when the ‘hold-ups’ (stockings that could be worn by an anti-slip without suspenders) came in 1987, did the stocking seem to be saved. And yet women still choose tights en masse.
The big advantage is of course that tights do not slip easily and that they cover a larger part than stockings and are therefore warmer. There is also a direct disadvantage therein. Tights can be sweltering in the crotch, which makes you sweat easily and can cause bacteria and fungal infections more quickly.
For many women (and for all men), pantyhose equals underwear and stockings equate to lingerie. Stockings are associated with suspenders, corsets and lace. Stockings are much more attractive to look at. The bottom that is attached to the pantyhose (especially if it contains seams) is not very sexy and for many men a real turn-off (apart from some panty-fetishists).
The Holy Trinity: Stockings, suspenders and heels
Stockings are many times sexier than panties. And by wearing suspenders you will not only keep those stockings in place, it will also make you feel super sexy and it also looks great. It seems like a hassle, those suspenders. You need to know how best to wear suspenders.
You finish it off completely by wearing high heels. Although heels were initially worn by men and women to appear larger, the stiletto quickly became more of an erotic piece of clothing and less of a practical shoe.
Many women also feel more attractive when they wear high heels. The high heel acts as an extension of your leg, you are taller and you radiate confidence. If you are taller, you will also look slimmer. Your feet appear smaller and your calves and buttocks tighten, emphasizing your feminine curves more. Stiletto heels are also said to tilt your pelvis at the same angle as when having sex. That alone would make you feel sexy.
Your partner will love it if you keep this trinity on all the time. By keeping some clothes on, you give the sex a spontaneous and exciting touch.
Wear this combination when you go out together and occasionally show that you are wearing stockings and suspenders. For example, give your partner a look at the edge of your stockings when you cross your legs and slide your skirt up a bit.
These trinity can also eventually provoke a Pavlovian reaction. They will become synonymous with sex.
View the collection of affordable legwear and lingerie in our shop:
- What Are Heating Vibrators and Why Are They So Great? - 9 April 2021
- Tenga is looking for ‘Masturbation Challengers’ – #doitinmay - 7 April 2021
- Sex toys and the environment: the rise of the sustainable sex toy - 7 April 2021