About 4 years ago, I wrote a review of System Jo 9V clitoral serum. And I wrote that it is a kind of ‘vibrator in a bottle’. The last sentenceof that review was literally ‘we have become curious about the 12V version’. For a while, we (my partner and I) had, to be honest, forgotten about it a bit. Until the people at Sinful asked me what I would like to review. I went through their range and saw it again: the bottle of System Jo 12V. And yes, we had to try it!
What is System Jo 12Volt Buzzing Clitoris Serum?
As with the 9V clitoral gel, this strong variant of System Jo’s clitoral serum can also be used to provide extra stimulation for the clitoris. Because, for an owner of a vulva, it is difficult(er) to come if the clitoris is not or not sufficiently stimulated. A clitoris gel, such as the System Jo 12Volt Buzzing Clitoris Serum, is actually a gel with extra ingredients that provide a warming and tingling feeling to the clitoris.
My partner and I are big fans of stimulating lubricants and gels. Our experience is that – even if you have no trouble orgasming – it provides extra stimulation. It just makes you super horny faster and longer (I just say it like it is).
If you have ever tried a lubricant with a warming effect and found it a little weak, read on. Because System Jo’s clitoral gel goes just that little bit further.
The idea behind System Jo Clitoris Serum is actually quite fun. They make different variants, which you can see a bit like ‘a battery for your clit’, or ‘a vibrator from a bottle’. They express the strength of the serum in Volts. They are all intended to increase libido and make the clit more sensitive. There is a light version (6V), a medium version (9V) and a heavy version (12V). We tested the latter, the 12V.
All variants of System Jo Clitoris Serum have an oil base and are free of parabens, glycerine, glycol, and L-arginine. They contain natural ingredients, but these are different for each variant. The 12V variant contains:
- Oleyl Alcohol: A fatty alcohol derived from olive oil
- Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil: A form of olive oil often used in cosmetics for its moisturising properties.
- Zanthoxylum Alatum Fruit Extract: This is one of the ingredients that gives System Jo its tingling and warming effect. It is in fact an extract of Chinese chillies!
- Isononyl isononanoate: This is a synthetic carbon compound that acts as a skin emollient. It is derived from a fatty acid that occurs naturally in cocoa oil and lavender oil (along with many other plant oils).
- Isopropyl palmitate: This is a texture improver and emollient used in cosmetics. It is derived from plant and animal sources.
- Ethylene Propylene/Styrene Copolymer: An auxiliary ingredient used as a gelling agent for oils.
- Helianthus Annuus (sunflower) seed extract: Extract from sunflower seeds, rich in minerals and vitamins.
- Rosmarinus Officinalis (rosemary) Leaf Extract: Extract from rosemary seeds. Slightly antibacterial and therefore also used as a preservative.
- Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate: Is a preservative (chelating agent) on a vegetable basis.
In short, System Jo has managed to put a lot of natural ingredients into this little bottle. It is a stimulating – perhaps even nourishing – oil-based gel, which is suitable for women with sensitive skin (but who are looking for some additional stimulation).
The smell of this oil is light, but if you smell very well you can smell rosemary or hedera. The taste is a bit like olive oil, with a spicy undertone. Not bad or unpleasant, but a little tingling on the tongue. This is not surprising, if you have read above that it also contains pepper extract. The taste may seem unimportant, but as the partner of the person with a clitoris, I can tell you that it does play a role in the rest of the love game!
Because it is an oil-based gel, it is not recommended to use this product when having sex with a condom. Although you only use a few drops, oil can damage the latex and that increases the chance of tearing. Also (if you’re as clumsy as me and spill it sometimes) it leaves stains on your sheets, but you can easily wash those out again.
System Jo 12Volt Buzzing Clitoris Serum comes in a neutral pink and white box. When you open the box, you are overwhelmed by a (false) feeling of disappointment. There is only a very small tube in it (only 10ml). Is that all? It is not that bad. You have to remember that you only need 2 to 3 drops. This means that even with such a small bottle, you can make dozens of uses.
The nice thing about this kind of gel is that it is called ‘clitoral gel’, but nothing stops you from applying it to other parts of the body as well. I put a few drops on the tip of my finger and applied it carefully on and around the clitoris, the labia and also a little around my partner’s anus. Then I also put a drop on my own glans.
Both my partner and I notice that the feeling slowly builds up. The first minute it is hardly present, but then it starts to tingle and glow slightly. We both notice that we get quite excited and are more than impressed by the effect of just a few drops of this gel. That feeling remained quite present for a quarter to half an hour, but even after over an hour and half we both still felt a slight tingling. Although it has been quite a while since we have used the 9V version, we were convinced that this one is much stronger. At least in our memories. For me, the 9V version was barely even noticeable on my glans (I wrote at the time).
Yeah, this is really nice stuff! If ordinary warming lubricants feel too cowardly for you, then you should definitely try System Jo’s 12Volt clitoral gel! It intensifies the pleasure for both partners, increases the libido, works nice and long and is a great addition during sex alone or with a partner.
The PROS of System Jo 2Volt Buzzing Clitoris-serum:
- Natural ingredients
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Long-lasting effect
- Increases the sensitivity of the clitoris, labia and vagina (as well as the penis, glans and anus)
- Increases the libido and facilitates the orgasm
- Very nice in teasing bondage games, or together with a clitoris toy.
The CONS of System Jo 12V:
- Oil-based, therefore not suitable for use with condoms
- There is no escape! Once applied, it works for quite a long time. We like that, but you will want to get rid of it. Start with a drop and add more if necessary.
The bottle of System JO 12Volt Buzzing Clitoris Serum was offered to me by Sinful in exchange for an honest review. You can buy the serum at Sinful.
- Kiiroo Keon & Feel Stroker: the world’s most innovative masturbator? – review - 22 March 2023
- Steak & Blowjob Day (March, 14th): How to be prepared - 14 March 2023
- How to improve the taste of sperm - 10 March 2023