Wax play, or playing with melted candle wax, can be extremely erotic, yet extremely dangerous. It’s not particularly nice to get third degree burn injuries, let alone on your private parts. And you don’t want to be all tied up when the room sets fire, all because your partner didn’t take some basic safety precautions. Like with all BDSM practice: safety first!
- Before you start playing with candle wax, first apply a thin layer of baby oil on the skin. It will make it much easier to scrape the wax off.
- Put an old carpet, a protective sheet or an old cloth on the place where you intend to play. the last thing you want is scorch marks in your expensive carpets or furniture.
- Place a table that is solid and flat close by, where you can put all your candles, toys and other stuff you are planning to use. This will prevent the candles from falling and making a mess. Or worse.
- Put on some relaxing music, but put it on repeat, so you won’t have to put on the next CD in the middle of your play. Make a playlist and put that on repeat. If you have to stop in the middle of your activities, it might cause a sub drop.
When you use average candles, pay attention to the temperature of the melted wax. It shouldn’t be more than 50 degrees centigrade. When it is too hot, you might end up with burned skin or blisters. Nowadays, there are special candles available with a low melt temperature. They are specially meant for wax play. Watch out with hick pillar candles. If you let them burn for some time, the wax may get extremely hot. Often the most inexpensive candles are the best. They have a short burning time and a low melt temperature. Especially scented candles and colored candles often have a higher melt temperature. The advice is to use white candles, when you are a novice.
Variations to the theme
Drip, pour, spoon, paint; there are all kinds of ways to apply candle wax to the bare skin with wax play. Dripping speaks for itself. Pouring can be done from a small keg or directly from a pillar candle. You might also want to scoop it up with a spoon and then drip or pour. That way you have more control over the temperature and the amount of wax. Painting can be extremely erotic. You can use several materials to paint with, from from cotton swabs, to feathers. Try a tattoo template to make patterns. Or write words (slut, mine). It is also very hot to smear the wax with your bare hands or body 2 body.
We already discussed the temperature, but we repeat it anyhow: hot candle wax can cause painful burns! Also, please bear in mind any allergies of the sub.
- Intimate parts: A drop or two of wax on the back is a different sensation than in the crotch or on the anus. Build it up and react on to the response of your partner.
- Hair: Solidified wax is extremely hard to remove from the hair. It also gives a completely different meaning to the word waxing. Body hair can be protected by applying some baby oil in advance. Unless pain is part of the play. You can peel the solidified wax off with a fine-toothed comb, or a big knife. Or, even better, an old credit card. The seasoned wax-player strike it off with a flogger or cane. The flogger might gat a little less appealing however.
- FIRE! This is something you should prevent at all times. Burning candles must be placed on a stable flat surface, without any flammable objects (like plants, curtains, pillows, sheets) in the vicinity. Never leave candles unattended, not even if the wax play is over and you are taking a nap together.
- Always keep some water, a safety blanket or other fire extinguishers at hand.
- Make sure to let the wax drip from some height. Due to the distance from the candle to the body, the wax cools down during the ‘fall’. The higher the candle, the less painful the sensation.
Playing with wax or hot oil is exciting, but it requires careful planning and preparation. Enjoy!
- Rebel Shaking, Warming & Vibrating Masturbator – review - 26 October 2021
- I cum faster when I need to pee - 25 October 2021
- Lovense Diamo – the versatile, remote-controlled vibrating cock ring - 21 October 2021