People all over the world have sex less frequently. The median was five times per month in 1990, four times per month in 2000 and three times per month in 2010. That has to do with a growing censorship in the media and on the internet and partly because of the dulling of society.
And that is disturbing and alarming. Sex is healthy. The more normal we think sex is, the less chance there is on sexual violence.
Once and for all we want to make clear where NBRplaza stands for. That’s why we’ve put it down in our manifesto below:
Manifesto: ‘a concise, published declaration of the intentions, motives, or views of the issuer.’
- Sex is natural and is a part of life. Without sex there is no life, but sex is not only meant for reproduction.
- Everyone enjoys sex differently. ‘Different’ is not better or worse.
- Everyone is entitled to a satisfying sex life.
- Sex is more than just genital contact and more than just penetration. Sex does not begin with foreplay and does not end with an orgasm. Sex includes more erogenous zones than just the genitals and is not limited to heterosexual reproductive acts. All fantasies, body parts, experiences, physical and mental forms of stimulation are part of sex.
- NBRplaza respects every form of sexuality, gender, orientation, fetish, kink, fantasy, or activity, as long as it has mutual consent of all parties involved and without harming them physically or mentally.
- Persons who express their sexuality are not immoral, unnatural, impure, or bad. They are just humans who express their sexuality.
- Open communication about sex improves knowledge and insights. An open conversation will end misconceptions and abuse. Knowledge and empathy about one’s own sexuality or that of others, will generate respect and a higher chance on a satisfying sex life.
- Experimenting with sex and pushing boundaries will increase sexual pleasure.
- Any form of sex involves love and respect. That’s why sex is above violence and hate.
- A person’s sexuality is fluid. Age, experience, curiosity contribute to a constant development. There is no use putting people in pigeonholes ad never let them out.
- Everyone is entitled to privacy.
- Your kink may not be my kink, but your kink is OK.
- Sex toys enrich sex life.
- All sex toys, including personal lube and stimulating products, should be safe. Unsafe materials, like jelly, should be banned ASAP. Research into the safety of materials should be stimulated and producers should proactively demonstrate the safety of their products.
- All sex toys should be waterproof.
- Sex toys using wireless communication (e.g. Bluetooth or wifi) should be protected against hacking or ‘eavesdropping’.
- Sex toys contribute to closing the orgasm gap.
- Due to the growing censorship on internet, by parties like Google, Tumblr, Facebook and even Fetlife, sex bloggers should support each other, in order to improve the discoverability of information about sex.
- NBRplaza stimulates any form of co-operation between sex bloggers that has a positive contribution to the open communication on sex.
- What Are Heating Vibrators and Why Are They So Great? - 9 April 2021
- Tenga is looking for ‘Masturbation Challengers’ – #doitinmay - 7 April 2021
- Sex toys and the environment: the rise of the sustainable sex toy - 7 April 2021