Stockings are way more sexy than pantyhoses. And by wearing suspenders, you will not only hold your stockings to its place, but you will also feel super hot and it looks marvelous. Wearing suspenders seems a breeze, but there are still a lot of women who wonder how to wear stockings and suspenders.
The most important question: panties under or over the suspender?
It s not clear what the correct way is to wear suspenders combined with knickers. Should the straps of the suspenders go over or under? What is the appropriate way to wear them?
Well, there is no right or wrong way. There’s something to say for either way. In most pictures you will see women wearing their panties under the straps of the suspenders. In most cases, that looks best, especially if the suspender belt is a little low. But, it is not very practical to wear your suspenders like this. For a start, you will have to push your panties aside every time you go to the toilet. And when you decide to do a striptease or want to have sex, it is way more fun to be able to take of your panties without having to untie your suspender belts.
Whether or not you want to wear your panties over or under the straps of the suspenders, totally depends on your plans.
How to attach stockings to suspenders
Putting on your stockings and attaching them to your suspenders is quite easy:
- First, decide if you want to wear your panties over or under your suspenders. Depending on your choice, you either put on your panties first. Otherwise, you skip this step. If you have a corset with suspender belts, put on your stockings first and then your corset. The corset will limit your room to manoeuvre (and it will take more effort to put on your stockings)
- Put on your stockings. Don’t use hold-ups, because they have a ticker band, which makes it more difficult to attach the suspenders. Make sure you don’t buy hold-ups or stay-ups together with your suspenders. Roll up your stockings and carefully put them over your toes (watch out for toe nails or jewelry), carefully pull them over your heels and now roll ’em up. Now do your other leg.
- Put on your suspenders and sit down before you attach them. When you attach them sitting, you can align the length of the suspenders to this position. Otherwise you will notice that they will ‘pull’ whenever you decide to sit down.
- The suspenders have some kind of clip at each end. Open these. The clip has a silicon nub. That will get to the inside of the stockings.
- First attach the front straps, than the back ones. If you have more than four straps, start with the outer ones on the side. The more straps, the better your stockings will stay in place.
- Pull the clip down a little and now push the nub with a piece of stockings through the clip. Shove the nub to the smaller part of the clip until it stays.
- Repeat for all straps.
- Now you may want to adjust the length of the straps. Don’t make them to tight.
- Depending on step 1, now is the time to put on your knickers.
There are loads of different models of suspenders. Some are worn on the hip and some on the waist. And there are also panties and bodystockings that have suspender straps. Which one you choose also depends on the clothes you want to wear. If you want to wear a tight dress, a body or suspender knickers is probably a good idea.
First there are the suspender belts. These are worn on the hip or just below. Suspender belts are simple but extremely sexy pieces of clothing to compliment your lingerie sets. And they keep your stockings on their place. Some are narrow, other are high-waisted, some are made of lace, others of cotton, or latex. They are often sold with a matching pair of panties and or bra, but you can also buy them separately.
Shown is a basic belt (€22,95).
Then there are the suspender knickers. These are panties with suspender straps attached to it. You attach your stockings to your knickers, so to speak. In some cases, the straps can even be removed. On the image you see panties that come in a set. The particular set contains the panties with suspender straps, a matching mask and decorative cuffs. The cuffs are made of soft elastic material, for maximum comfort. The mask is made of see through lace, so you will not be completely blind folded. Te panties have an open crotch and open back side, to enable full vision and accessibility.
Lace suspender knickers of René Rofé (€29,95).
Then there all kinds of bodies, dresses, and corsets with suspender straps. The possibilities are endless. Think of a bustier with straps, a top with straps. Think different materials, like lace, leather, latex, cotton. There are even suspender corsets that have wrist cuffs attached to them, for soft bondage play. Let your fantasy run wild and get inspired while you browse our full assortment.
Depicted is a halte top with suspenders (€22,95).
And finally, there are also pantyhose cross overs. These are sets where the suspenders are already attached to the stockings. You can’t untie the,. They are a beautiful whole in the same style. There are many different styles for these kind of suspenders. The benefit is of course that there is no fuss with straps and attaching them. The downside is that if your stockings get ruined, you can’t use the suspender anymore.
Shown is a pair of stockings with suspenders attached (€12,95).