Ever since Womanizer invented the air pressure stimulator, an incredible number of sex toys have come on the market that use the same principle. At the time, Womanizer claimed that it was impossible not to cum with their air pressure stimulator. And many women agreed. No wonder that toys with this technology have become so incredibly popular. But how do you use such an air stimulator? And what should you look for when buying one?
What is an air pressure stimulator?
Some use the term ‘air vibrator’, which is technically incorrect. Because this type of sex toy does not actually vibrate. It uses air pressure to create a suction effect on the clitoris. As a result, some women experience orgasm within one or a few minutes, without directly touching the clitoris itself. This technology can best be compared to oral sex, when the partner sucks on the clitoris. The Womanizer video below shows how this works.
Stimulating the clitoris
Only since 2005 have we known the anatomy of the clitoris, thanks to Australian urologist Helen O’Connell. On the outside, only a small knob can be seen, but behind it is an organ shaped like a ‘wishbone’. The branched organs (crura) are internal. They contain – like the penis – swelling bodies, which cause the clitoris to grow when you are aroused.
As we know more about how the clitoris works and its anatomy, more sex toys have also come on the market that focus specifically on its stimulation. Air pressure vibrators deliver pulsating air pressure to the clitoris that resonates deeply with the internal part. This allows women to cum faster and more intensely with toys that employ this technology.
How do you use an air pressure stimulator?
As with all sex toys, it’s a good idea to clean and charge an air stimulator properly before using it. Also, before using it, make sure you know how the different buttons work.
The Womanizer comes with ” heads” of different sizes. Therefore, you should also think beforehand which one would best suit your anatomy.
- It is always good to first relax and get in the mood. For example, read an erotic story, watch a movie, or make up a story in your mind. You can also massage yourself, for example by rubbing your erogenous zones.
- Put some water-based lubricant on the cap of the air vibrator.
- First spread your labia, so that the clitoris is exposed.
- Then place the cap of the air pressure vibrator over your clitoris.
- Make sure that the cap fits well on the skin and that no air can escape. Not only will you have the best stimulation, it will also make considerably less noise this way.
- Always start in the lowest setting, so you can get used to the sensation and slowly get more into the mood. Air pressure vibrators are known for their ability to cause orgasm in no time. But faster is not always better. Therefore, try to delay your orgasm a bit and enjoy the low setting.
- Once you are in the right mood, you can experiment with the other settings on your device. Some air vibrators also have patterns and settings with different intensities. Try them out and see which one works best for you.
- When your orgasm sets in, keep the air pressure vibrator in place until your orgasm has subsided.
After use: cleaning
It is wise to clean your toy thoroughly after each use. If your toy has an interchangeable head, take it off and rinse it well under lukewarm water. When cleaning the toy itself, pay close attention to whether it is waterproof. Waterproof toys can be simply rinsed under the tap. If necessary, use some mild soap. If your toy is not waterproof, use a washcloth or cloth to clean your toy. Dry your toy well and put it in a storage bag.
What should you look for when purchasing an air pressure stimulator?
- Material: Make sure you buy a toy made of body-safe material. Fortunately, most toys have a head that is made of silicone. Often the toy itself is made of hard plastic (ABS). These are safe options.
- Battery: Most toys today are rechargeable. Using an included USB cable, you can charge the battery. This is nice because you don’t have to mess around with batteries. Make sure your toy is charged when you want to play with it.
- Operation: Before you buy a toy, read about the functions of the toy. Do you think it’s important that it has many different modes? Do you like patterns?
- Address: Buy your toy from a reliable address with good customer service and clear terms and conditions.
How can you use your air pressure stimulator?
The most obvious way to use your air vibrator is when you are playing with yourself. Especially for the first time, this is recommended. This way you can experience for yourself what works best for you. What position do you like, how do you prefer to place it over your clitoris, … Try to experiment a bit with the different positions. And if you find that you orgasm too quickly – because yes, it happens with this type of toy – try to find a way to delay your orgasm a bit.
Once you are familiar with how your toy works, you can also involve it in love play together with your partner. For example, you can use it during foreplay, or you can give away a show for your partner when you masturbate together. But you can also use this type of toy to give the clitoris extra attention during penetration. Some toys are a bit big, and then it only works when you are on top, for example. The WeVibe Melt is specially designed for use between your bodies (also read our review).
In the shower or bath
Many (but not all) air vibrators are waterproof. This not only makes them easy to clean, but you can also take them in the shower or even in the bathtub.
Although this type of toy is specifically designed to stimulate the clitoris, you can also use it perfectly well to stimulate your nipples.
Which air pressure stimulator is right for you?
By now, there are really mega many air pressure stimulators. So many that you could get stressed out choosing one. Not only the form and function differ, but also the materials and price. But which one is most suitable for you?
For if you are not sure if it’s for you: Satisfyer 1 Next Generation
Satisfyer is one of the brands that came out with a cheap alternative fairly soon after Womanizer. To be honest, the first models were not so good, but by now the brand has learned a lot.
Satisfyer has a huge number of models, starting at around €30. So if you don’t want to spend a lot of money, or are just curious about the experience for the first time, the Satisfyer 1 Next Generation will be just fine.
If you have a little more money to spare, go for the Satisfyer Pro Penguin Next Generation. This one is still affordable (around €50), but has 11 positions and a detachable head.
If you want the very best: The Womanizer Premium
Womanizer is the inventor of air pressure technology and Womanizer’s top model is the Womanizer Premium. This is truly the best of the best when it comes to air pressure stimulation. You can feel that as soon as you hold the toy. This is the Mercedes among toys. What am I saying? The Rolls Royce! The Womanizer Premium has 12 different intensity levels (the most of any Womanizer), so you can always choose the perfect setting. Also, this toy is the only one to have a Smart Silence Mode. That makes it stop when you hold it away from your body. This prevents annoying noises. The stimulation is deeper and more intense than with other toys. The toy is fairly large though, so especially suitable for solo use.
If you want to use it during penetration: The WeVibe Melt
I said it before: many air-pressure toys are designed for solo sex. Not the WeVibe Melt! It was specifically designed to be used together. WeVibe specializes in couples toys (toys you can use together). And WeVibe merged with Womanizer a while ago. This makes it similar to the original in terms of technology.
Because of its shape, it fits between your bodies during PiV (Penis in Vagina) penetration, including in the missionary position.
Also, read my extensive review of the Wevibe Melt.
For sucking and penetration: Womanizer Duo
More and more manufacturers are combining air pressure technology with a vibrator for penetration. For example, there is the Womanizer Duo.
One of the best devices that combines these features is the Womanizer Duo. Maybe it’s not the prettiest, but you can set the vibrator and air pressure separately. This allows you to apply exactly the focus that works best for you. And when you switch patterns, the intensity stays the same.
The shape of the arm is also very pleasant and excellent for stimulating the G-spot.
Are you looking for an air pressure vibrator? Then check out our entire product range:
- The hotest videos: Riley Nixon & James Dean - 9 June 2023
- Creature Cocks – new in our shop - 5 June 2023
- Kunyaza: The Rwanda way for women to experience a squirting orgasm - 30 May 2023