For some time now, we have been featuring the ‘fucket list‘ section, in which we take a closer look at unusual sexual fantasies. This time, we focus on the fantasy of having sex at high altitude. Literally.
The Mile High Club (MHC)
If having sex in public places is not already a fantasy of yours, then having sex in an aeroplane is the superlative. At least, according to people who have done it. They’ve even turned it into an informal club, where you can only become a member by having sex in a plane that flew no lower than 5,280 feet, or one mile above the surface. Of course, it is not a real club, but a proverbial one.
Now, that in itself is not so difficult if, for example, you are the boss of your own airline. Richard Branson – for it is him we are talking about – boasts that he lost his virginity during a high-altitude flight. That, he says, is where the name ‘Virgin’ comes from.
But actor John Travolta and his wife Kelly Preston are also said to have done it in a plane. Not much of a task for them either, if you know that John Travolta has no less than five aeroplanes, one of which serves as his home.
But even people without their own aircraft are members of this obscure club. All you need is two people, some imagination and guts, and the opportunity.
A website that claims to be the official website of the Mile High Club (as if that were possible of a virtual club) says that the club originated in 1916 when pilot Lawrence Sperry and a Mrs Waldo Polk were doing it in a Curtis boat plane while it was flying on autopilot near New York. There is at least one known case of a plane crash caused by the pilot being busy with a woman instead of flying.
Why become a member?
Some people say it is the vibration of the aircraft that puts people in a state of excitement. Others fantasise about romantic scenes between pilots and stewardesses in uniform. For others, it is the ultimate form of sex in public and the chance of being caught or watched. Then of course there are those who have a fetish for big machines.
In any case, for many people it is something you ‘must’ have done once.
Is it legal?
The question of whether you can get into legal trouble for trying to join the MHC is complicated. It depends on the country you boarded, your destination and the nationality of the airline.
To get rid of this problem, there are certain charter companies that offer special flights equipped for this purpose.
Do’s & Don’ts (and the best positions)
If you would like to join the Mile High Club, don’t have your own plane and don’t have the money to hire one for a private flight, or if you just find it more exciting to do it on a flight to your holiday destination, bear the following tips in mind:
- Keep it decent: Some people do it while staying in their seats. For example, by sitting on your side (spooning position), or the position where she sits on his lap. Especially the last position is quite striking and other passengers or cabin crew may take offence. You could be arrested before you know it. Therefore, the lavatory is recommended. Even if that thing is so cramped, at least you have a little more privacy. And anyone who sees you coming out of it together knows enough.
- In the lavatory, the positions are also limited. She can sit on the toilet and give him a blowjob. She can also stand on the toilet to give him the opportunity to go down on her. Fucking is best done standing and through the back, but if she sits on the little sink, he can stand between her legs. If she is taller than him, or if she has high heels on, then it should be possible to do a standing missionary position.
- The toilet (continued): Because the toilet is a good place, some additional tips about this place. Consider (if you’re boarding with preconceived notions) asking for places near the toilet. If you know what kind of plane you’re flying, find out where the toilets are and if there’s one that’s not too close to the kitchen (that’s where the staff sit and it stands out too much). Do not go to the toilet at the same time and agree on a code (knock 3 times fast and 2 times slow). Wait until most of the other passengers are asleep, make sure you have enough time (not just before landing) and pay attention to who was in front of you (you don’t want to sit in the smell of your predecessor).
- Comfortable clothing: Put on clothing that is comfortable and easy to put on and take off. You have little room to move and tight-fitting clothes with difficult fastenings distract you from the tension that has built up.
- Steak & Blowjob Day (March, 14th): How to be prepared - 14 March 2023
- How to improve the taste of sperm - 10 March 2023
- Erotica: Scalp - 8 March 2023