If you are looking for a vibrator with the most powerful vibrations, a magic wand vibrator is a good choice. But what exactly is a wand vibrator? What should you pay attention to when buying one? What is the best wand vibrator? NBRplaza answers all these questions and more.
What is a magic wand vibrator?
The magic wand vibrator – or wand vibrator for short – has a special history. In 1968, the Hitachi company came on the market with a massage device, which was sold in American supermarkets as a household device to relieve muscle pain. In 1974, Betty Dodson gave the tip in her book Liberating Masturbation to use the Hitachi as a sex toy.
Since then, this device has been extremely popular. So popular in fact, that Hitachi decided to take its name from the device out of embarrassment. In Europe, the Hitachi is therefore sold as the Europe Magic Wand. More and more similar vibrators came on the market. For a long time, the Hitachi was unmatchable in strength, but at the moment there are variants that are far beyond the original in terms of power and ease of use.
All magic wand vibrators have in common that it is a rod containing the motor and the control buttons. On top of that is a thick vibrating head. The vibrations are (usually) the most powerful vibrations you will find. Wand vibrators should basically be at the very end of the spectrum on noisy and loud vibrations, so when comparing wands you should think in superlatives.
Yet there are also more and more differences. For example, the original worked on a power cord. As a result, you could use the powerful motor tirelessly for a long time, but you were also tied to the cord. There are still wand vibrators that must be connected to an electrical outlet. These also have the disadvantage that you cannot use them in the bath or shower. Fortunately, there are also more and more variants that work on rechargeable batteries, without loss of power.
In recent years there have been a number of brands that make magic wands that rival the Hitachi and are even – if you ask me – much better than the original.
Mini magic wands
There is now also a new genre: the mini magic wand. This is a kind of magic wand that has been washed too hot, making the dimensions and weight smaller than the traditional magic wands. Often – but not always – you sacrifice the vibrational power. And sometimes – but again not always – you can also use the mini wand for penetration due to the smaller head.
How to use a wand vibrator?
Usually a wand vibrator is used for external stimulation; by holding the thick vibrating head against the vulva and / or clitoris, or against the penis (especially the frenulum). But nothing prevents you from holding it against other body parts. Whatever turns you on!
Sometimes a wand is used together with a dildo to be able to experience penetration in addition to the deep external vibrations. My favorite combination is for example the Lelo Smart Wand Large together with the Njoy Pure Wand. There are also various attachments available for penetration or to turn the wand into a masturbator.
The powerful deep vibrations are not for everyone. Some people find even the lowest setting of some wand vibrators too much. Others swear by the extremely deep vibrations.
The wand vibrator is also very popular in the BDSM scene, for example for edging or for a so called ‘forced orgasm‘. Sometimes also in combination with bondage. If you like to squirt, a magic wand is an excellent tool to induce a squirting orgasm in a woman.
Wand vibrators are very popular due to the wide range of applications. If you like strong deep vibrations, having a wand vibrator is a must.
What should you pay attention to
When choosing a wand vibrator, a few things play an important role:
- Of course the vibrations. Sometimes higher revs (RPM) is better, but sometimes low revs with deep vibrations are better.
- If you also want to use it in the shower, it is nice if it can withstand water a little.
- Some wands have a power cord, so that they have the same power continuously. That’s nice, especially if you want to keep going for a long time without losing power, but that also has the disadvantage of having to have an outlet nearby, not to mention the possible struggles with the cable.
- The eye wants something too. Fortunately, more and more beautifully designed wands are on the market in all kinds of colors and materials.
- Functionality. The most important distinction is often in the operation and functions. Some wands only have a limited number of positions (Sometimes only 3). Others are infinitely adjustable. And yet others also have vibration patterns, or have sensors for all kinds of purposes.
- The price. A wand vibrator starts around € 100, but that can go up to double. Often (but not always) cheaper wand vibrators have less intense vibrations.
- Weight. Wand vibrators are heavy. And often the weight is a good thing. The heavier the wand, the harder the vibrations. But it should also not be so heavy that you get a lame arm from lifting.
9 Magic wands compared
In the table below I have compared a few popular magic wands. Price changes reserved.
|Europe Magic Wand||Zeus Arcana Electro Vibe||Easy Toys Mini Wand||Doxy Die Cast||Sway Vibes No. 1||Sway Vibes No. 4||Lelo Smart Wand Large||My Magic Wand||Bloom The Orchid|
|Waterproof||Nee||Ja||Ja||Nee||Ja||Ja||Ja||Nee||Ja (spat waterdicht)|
|Material||Siliconen, ABS||ABS (plastic)||Metaal, Siliconen, ABS||Siliconen, ABS||Siliconen, ABS||Siliconen, ABS||Siliconen, ABS||Siliconen, ABS||Siliconen|
|Rechargeable||Nee||Nee||Ja (USB)||Nee||Ja (USB)||Ja||Ja||Nee||Ja|
|Operating time||–||–||?||–||8 uur||480min||120min||–||?|
|Remarks||Electro stimulatie||–||–||–||–||3 vibratie-patronen||Swipe bediening|
|Price||€ 114,00||€ 189,95||€ 27,97||€ 189,95||€ 67,95||€ 59,95||€ 159,95||€ 89,95||€ 79,95|
|Old fashioned good||If you like Electro sex||Woohoo! Wireless and small||Goddamn, what a device!||Fuck Yeah!||Not as nice as the No.1||Better than the original. My absolute favorite…||Affordable alternative||Damn smart concept!|